If you can’t remember the last time you had a good night’s sleep without sneezing or itching every two minutes, it’s time to start looking for appropriate bedding. Unfortunately, individuals suffering from allergies have difficulty finding bedding suitable to their condition. The mould and dust mites hidden inside the bed can often cause a person with sensitive skin to have a sudden allergic reaction.
Several studies have proved that dust mites are the main culprit for allergies. The worst part? They live on any surface of your house – from furniture to bedding. Dust mites also live off of dead skin cells and multiply numerous times, making them harder to get rid of. Although you can’t eliminate these dust mites completely, you can certainly change your bedding.
Anti-allergen pillow covers and bedding are the best way to keep dust and mould at bay. Such dust mite mattress protection protects your skin from dust and ensures you don’t have to deal with constant sneezing or itching while falling asleep.
Keep reading to know more about anti-allergy bedding and why people with sensitive skin types should opt for it.
What Is Anti-Allergy Bedding?
Anti-allergy bedding helps reduce or eliminate allergens from your pillows, duvet, mattress and other bedding options, thereby lessening the potential symptoms of skin allergies. In addition, this dust mite mattress protection can reduce mould growth and protect your skin against dust mites. Dust mites prefer staying on surfaces with high humidity like your warm bed!
Did you know that a standard-sized bed has about 10 million dust mites?
However, it’s improbable you will be able to see them with the naked eye because they are around 0.25-0.3 millimetres. Yes, THAT small! Dust mite pillow protectors and bedding solutions use anti-dust mite coating or have their fillings tightly woven to ensure these pesky little creatures can’t enter quickly. Anti-allergy bedding can also limit other bacteria from staying in the bedding.
Buy premium quality asthma bed protection and waterproof mattress protector at Cover and Protect.
Which Bedding Filling Does Dust Mites Prefer To Settle?
No matter the type of bed filling, dust mites will still manage to settle and deposit themselves on the surface. The reason is that dust mites enjoy staying in a warm environment with synthetic, natural filling. Most individuals believe that natural bedding filling can worsen your allergy, but the reality is otherwise. Several bedding products like pillow protectors can reduce the chances of allergy. Besides, pillow protectors can also sustain wear and tear, stains, and moisture. One of the most common bedding fillings with a higher chance of harbouring dust miles is synthetic. The reason is that synthetic offer less breathability compared to other natural materials
What Bedding Is Best for Allergies?
Have you had those days when you return home from a tiring day and just hit the bed to get some good night’s sleep? We are certain the answer is yes. If so, you might want to think twice and take some time to freshen up. Without proper cleanup, direct contact with your bedding allows dead skin cells, swear, and grimes to gather on your mattress. Similarly, dust and dirt get trapped between the sheets, blankets, pillows, and comforters. Therefore, it’s imperative to clean the bedding and choose the right material suitable for you. Here are our top picks for anti-allergy bedding materials:
- Bamboo – Bamboo is one of the most sustainable, durable, and breathable bedding options available. The natural antibacterial property, silky-smooth texture, moisture-wicking, and temperature-regulating features of bamboo makes it a suitable bedding choice for individuals suffering from allergy. Bamboo bedding is also cost-effective and machine-wash safe.
Also, check our extensive range of waterproof mattress protectors and dust mite mattress protection.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus has cooling and antimicrobial properties, which makes it an excellent bedding choice for individuals with allergies. The only drawback is eucalyptus bedding can cost more than bamboo bedding.
- Silk – Silk bedding is a premium bedding choice for individuals with skin issues and allergies. The smooth texture, attractive sheen, and naturally cooling properties of silk bedding ensure a restful sleep.
- Linen – Linen bedding is completely lightweight, comfortable, and naturally anti-allergic. However, you want to invest in premium quality bedding to ensure it doesn’t irritate your skin.
- Cotton – High-end organic cotton bedding is naturally anti-allergic, durable, comfortable, and temperature-regulating. The material is widely used by several individuals all year around.
Get quality bed bug free mattress and asthma bed protection at Comfort and Protect.
Benefits of Anti-Allergen Pillow Covers
- Anti-allergic pillow covers are believed to help reduce the amount of allergy medication a person usually takes. Besides, it can also reduce the drowsy impact of such allergy specific medications.
- Anti-allergy pillow covers restrict the spread and growth of dust mites and other contaminants. You can ensure optimal protection with these covers.
- Anti-allergy pillow cover limits the chances of contracting sudden allergic reactions like sneezing or itching. Thus, it helps you sleep better at night.
With such exceptional benefits and material recommendations, investing in anti-allergy bedding options ultimately makes sense. Our hand-picked selection of anti-allergic mattress protection in Australia is perfect for people having sensitive skin or who have Asthma, Eczema, and other allergies. Ensure a good night’s sleep with our bedding solutions.